If your dreams to jand involve Canada, specifically the province of Saskatchewan, you’re in those dreams are about to come to pass faster than you think! Saskatchewan’s International Skilled Worker Expression of Interest (EOI) is the key that will open the beautiful doors of Canada to many Nigerians.
In this blog post, we will explore what this program is all about and how every skilled Nigerian worker with a desire to make Canada their new home can take the necessary steps to get into the program.
Saskatchewan, located in the heart of Canada, is a province known for its thriving economy, beautiful scenery, and welcoming communities. The International Skilled Worker EOI system is part of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), designed to attract skilled workers to Canada from around the world who want to live and work in the province.
Key Facts to Know
Here are some important things to note about this program:
No Job Offer Needed: One of the unique offers of this program that makes it perfect for most Nigerians is that you don’t need a job offer to apply. The major thing that they need you to do is to set up an Expression of Interest (EOI) profile to showcase your skills, experience, and intent to settle in Saskatchewan.
Now, let’s break down the eligibility criteria:
- Age: You must be between the ages of 18 and 49 when you submit your EOI profile.
- Language Proficiency: This program requires you to prove language proficiency in English or French by providing valid language test results, such as IELTS or TEF.
- Education: Your educational background and qualifications should align with the Canadian education system. You must evaluate your credentials with WES, IQAS or any other relevant credential evaluation body.
- Work Experience: You are also required to have relevant Canadian work experience in an occupation that is in demand in Saskatchewan. This experience should match the NOC code requirements.
- Settlement Funds: You have to prove your financial capacity to support yourself and your family when you arrive in Saskatchewan.
- Adaptability: Factors like previous work experience or education in Saskatchewan or a valid job offer (although not compulsory) from a Saskatchewan employer can improve your profile and chances of getting into the program.
Creating an EOI Profile
The process begins with creating an EOI profile on the SINP’s online system. This profile allows you to showcase your qualifications, work experience, language proficiency, and other important details. Your profile will be scored based on the information you provide, and the highest-scoring profiles will be selected for an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for provincial nomination.
Invitation to Apply (ITA)
If your profile is selected, you will receive an ITA for provincial nomination. This is a milestone that should be celebrated as it puts you one step closer to becoming a permanent resident of Canada. You will be given a limited period of time to submit a complete application alongside other important documents and fees.
Permanent Residency Application
Once you receive a provincial nomination, you can use it to apply for permanent residency through the federal Express Entry system. After all these are done, you can look forward to building a new life in Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan’s International Skilled Worker EOI system is a pathway to Canada that opens doors for skilled Nigerian workers who look forward to a brighter future. It’s not just about finding a job; it’s about starting a new life and enjoying the benefits of Canadian living.