There are various routes to getting Canadian Permanent Residence (PR) permit. One of these is the Canadian Experience Class program which grants skilled workers who are resident in Canada with temporary work permit easy access to Canadian Permanent Residence permit.
The technique a candidate picks will relies upon the individual’s profile make up of age, language capability (English and or French), work experience and different qualifications. In this article you will realize all you want to be aware to apply for PR in Canada utilizing the Canada Experience Class (CEC) option.Apply Through Canadian Experience Class Route
What the Canada Experience Class
Canada Experience Class is one of the three express entry programs for movement into Canada oversaw by the Federal Express Entry Framework. Planned explicitly for skilled workers who have either worked in Canada or are as yet working in Canada with temporary work permit who need to acquire Canada Permanent Residence(PR). CEC permits such occupants to secure permanent residence permit which permits them to work and live in Canada permanently and in the end become residents of Canada.
Canada Experience Class is a simple method for gaining Canada PR permit since it is overseen by express entry framework and on the grounds that it doesn’t require investment to process. It tends to be procured in under four months once the base prerequisites are met by the candidate. The upside of CEC is that you can utilize it to dwell in any region of your choice and you likewise needn’t bother with the evidence of settlement of assets before you qualify. This makes it somewhat simple for candidates.
Requirements for Canada Experience Class
To qualify for the Canada Experience Class, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Work experience:
The essential prerequisite for CEC is one year experience as a skilled worker in Canada over the most recent three years prior to applying. This experience can be as:
- Full time job of 30 hours per week;
- Part time job for number of years/hours equivalent to a full time job;
- It must be a legally obtained job in Canada;
- It must be a job ranked as O, A or B jobs by Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC)
2. Academic requirements:
There are no academic requirements before you qualify for Canada Experience Class yet your academic qualification can assist you with positioning high in extensive positioning framework which is utilized to rank understudies for Express Entry. Your academic qualifications can help you in two ways:
- If you get a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary school or tertiary institution, you can score high in the CRS.
- If you have foreign education, then you need to complete a foreign credentials, the World Educational Services (WES) is a good recommendation. Get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) showing that your previous educational standard is equal to certificates, diploma and degrees acquired from a Canadian secondary school or tertiary institution.
3. Language skills/abilities
The following requirement for Canada Experience Class is language capacity. You should have the vital Canadian language abilities prior to applying for CEC. You can get this by:
- Taking approved language tests for reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Meeting the minimum language level of:-
- Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or;
- Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for NOC B jobs.
- The language course you can take include:
- IETLS for English speaking candidates;
- FEC for French speaking candidates.
Eventually your level in any Canadian language additionally assists you with ranking high in your points. In the event that you can communicate both in English and French, it is additionally an additional benefit to your CRS points.
You must be legally allowed into Canada. This means you must be legally resident in Canada and you must be cleared by the police. You must not have any criminal record.
Who is ineligible for CEC in Canada?
Once you have the above requirements 1-4, you are eligible for CEC unless:
- you are a refugee claimant in Canada;
- you are working without authorization;
- your work experience was gained without temporary resident status in Canada;
- you are self-employed as a student (full-time);
- your language test has exceeded 2 years before the day you apply for PR permit.
How to apply for Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Listed below are the steps to take to apply for Canada Experience Class:
1. Get a Canadian work permit.
The initial step to take towards getting Canada Experience Class permit is to get the temporary work permit which permits you to work in Canada on a temporary premise. You can get this in numerous ways including: open work permit or specific/closed work permit. For those qualified under International Experience Canada(IEC) program or the spouse or common law partner of international students or foreign workers, open work permit might be ideal, while closed/specific work permit suits those with Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and those under Intra-Company Transfers.
2. Get one year working experience in Canada
To qualify for Canada Experience Class, you should have basically worked in Canada for minimum of year as a skilled worker. The jobs should meet the models of NOC as O, A or B jobs. This does exclude jobs done as a full-time understudy. You can utilize experience accumulated through temporary working visa like Working Occasion Visa.
3. Be Eligible
You are qualified for Canada Experience Class when you have met the requirements above. You can take tests for Canadian languages like IELTS for English or TEF for French. You are encouraged to enroll for ECA on time as it requires time to complete.
4. Create Your Online Express Entry Profile
Since Canada Experience Class is managed by Federal Express Entry (EE), you are required to create an online profile to qualify for CEC. Your profile will be scored over 1200 based on CRS criteria. The score is based on age, work experience, language ability, education, and other factors. The successful candidates are invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence through draws held by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Make sure to include every detail as it will be used in scoring you.
5. Get your documents ready
As expressed over, the cycle is quick. Thus, you are to assemble your archives and prepare them once you have your Invitation To Apply(ITA) for Canadian PR. You should present your application within 60 days from the day you get the invitation.
6. Get your certification
As referenced over, the Canada Experience Class doesn’t take long to process and it very well may be finished under four months. Thus, whenever you are guaranteed you will get an affirmation message. This is a proof that you have been offered a Canadian Permanent Residence(PR) permit. With this you can live in any territory of your choice apart from the Quebec area which has unique skilled work inclination.
Valid Work Experience for CEC in Canada
The skilled work experience should be a paid work. The work does exclude independently employed work done as a full-time student. Volunteer work or internship work that is not a paid job doesn’t count. The good side is that you can use either full-time job or part time job, yet jobs done following 30 hours of the week are not counted.
Canadian Experience Class Express Entry Draws
This is a draw organized IRCC for the highest ranking candidates in CIC. The EE draws is for candidates who scored a specific points above Comprehensive Ranking System. The draw is organized at regular intervals for various successful candidates. Assuming you score over the base CRS,you may be called for the draw depending on the number of successful candidates. Thus, it is fundamental you get all vital points to rank high in the CRS to have a high potential for success of qualifying for the draw. Invitation to Apply (ITA) pre-qualifies a candidate for Canada PR.
Benefits of using Canada Experience Class for PR
There are many benefits of applying for PR under CEC. Some of the benefits including:
- The choice of residence outside Quebec.
- It is easy for the candidates as it takes lesser amount of time to get compared to other forms of PR.
- You also don’t have to show any proof of settlement of funds. For you to apply for PR under other programs under the Express Entry system, you must have proof of settlement of funds but it is not required under CEC. So, candidates applying for PR through this do not have to worry about that.